Sunday Market

 

Yesterday we went to the Sunday Market. Or actually we went to a Sunday market – I suppose there are several Sunday markets all over Warsaw. The one we went to is called Gielda Staroci na Kole. Although it wasn’t as big as the Sunday market in Pécs, I still wouldn’t call it small.
As we saw they mostly sell porcelains, old coins, tools, and similar useful goods. Visiting this market was quite an experience! The market itself takes place at a closed garden, but the garden seems to be not big enough for all the sellers, some of them sell their staff on the street right next to the market! First, we didn’t even know what’s up with that place. We didn’t see the conception. It took some time and some walking for us to comprehend what’s going on.
I might’ve told you earlier, my plan was to buy a bike, so I could ride it to the uni, so one of the reasons we went to the market to see if they have bikes, if they have how much they cost, and what they look like. Well unfortunately they didn’t had bikes, so we have to visit another market next week. But to be completely honest I don’t know if buying a bike now would make any sense. Days are getting shorter, and colder, and I already have a 90-day public transport pass. So, if we go next week, it might just be for fun’s shake. I’m curious how the other markets look like!

I think that was all that worth mentioning, if something else comes to my mind I’ll tell you tomorrow.

Take care,

Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw