Introduction or something similar

 

Hi, my name is Almos Lenard. I am spending the next 6 months on Erasmus in Warsaw, Poland. I invite you to join my days/weeks/months while I am here – with my girlfriend, so actually while we are here.

First let me introduce myself properly. I am a 24ish years old student from Pécs, Hungary. I currently study to become a teacher of Geography and Physical Education. I am not quite sure, whether I gonna teach any of that or I’ll end up somewhere completely different, but that’s not the point of my blog.

The blog doesn’t exactly start at the same time we got to Warsaw. Among many reasons we didn’t have internet on the first week of our stay and our mobile plans doesn’t give us more than 10GB a month, which might sound like a lot, but considering we’ve used quite a lot of it during our trip in the Baltics we were trying to save as much of our data as possible. The other reason was that we were really busy starting our new life here. Although the apartment we are renting is well equipped we still needed to buy the things we forgot to bring from home, so we had to jumpstart our lives here. And by jumpstarting our life I’m not talking about buying washing machines or beds or any of that nature, instead we had to concentrate on the small things like knifes, holders for jackets, pans, and various polish beers. Getting settled took us something like a week or so, but we are solid now I can assure you.

Today we are meeting my girlfriend’s mentor Ola – Fun fact I already know her because she has spent a semester in Pécs a year(ish) ago!  We are going to meet at a café of some sort I hope they sell beer... But now I have to get ready, the blog is going to be back after the commercial break.

Alright so we are back from the café – café La Lucy was the name I believe – and we actually went to a bar as well. So far, my experience with polish beer is quite simple. You enter a shop, find the self of beers and choose whatever you want, and it will be amazing! But today things were different. I had a beer at the café from a company called Hoplala and it was terrible. Then we continued at a bar where I got a beer which was also terrible... I would’ve gone for another one later, but I was afraid of another bad experience, so I quitted the game. It’s interesting that previously we only went to one bar in Poland, and I think it was in Krakków… yes it was Krakków and there my beer was 8PLN which seemed to be okay since the place was rather a restaurant than a bar. But today in the café I had to pay something like 12PLN which is a quite high price, then at the bar my beer was 16PLN! 1-6PLN! What the actual f***?! Around 3.46EUR for a beer! Oh my God! I hope we will find a cheaper bar because I will be bankrupted by the end of the semester!

I have not asked Ola if it’s okay with her whether I write about her here in my blog – mainly because I wasn’t sure if I actually gonna do this blog... Anyways a little secret about her: she studies HUNGARIAN! Although we have only left Hungary for 20 days and we do talk with each other in Hungarian it was a strange nostalgic feeling to talk to someone in Hungarian. And I know it sounds ridiculous and some people go on 20 day long holidays, but it was awesome to talk in Hungarian – cannot imagine how bad it could feel when someone has to work abroad and spends months/years without having one conversation in Hungarian.

Oh, and something also happened today! We got new apartment/block mates! They have arrived at 1am which was quite alarming. First, we didn’t know if the apartment is getting robbed or what’s happening! Sári woke up and woke me up as well and then she told me not to sleep and pay attention what’s happening. So, I stared reading news till 2am then a realized nothing is happening and it’s pointless to be awake so I denied my command and went to sleep.

I believe this is it for my first blog I hope you liked it and I’ll see you tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,
Álmos


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw