Let's pretend this is day one(?)

 

Today we just took the time to really concentrate on ourselves. In the morning we slept late, then I did my little yoga with Bohobeautiful, after that we started cooking lunch and dinner yada-yada-yada.

We did participate in an online webinar about the library in Warsaw. To be completely honest I am not big of a fan of libraries. Not like I wouldn’t like to read, but somehow every time I went to the library back at home, I could tell based on people’s look that they knew I was studying sports and therefore I did not belong to a library. Of course, Sara was paying attention she studies at the faculty of Humanities, “her type’s” natural habitat is the library.

While we were listening to the presentation, I had the time to think. And I realized a rather strange thing. Yesterday while we were talking with Ola, we were Americans! I mean me and Sara… Okay, let me explain. So, every time I hear some English-speaking dude walking down the street talking on the phone or with someone, I can understand whatever he is saying – or at least most of what he says, and I am quite sure it is the same with all of you. And when I understand everything, he says on the phone, I begin to think how easy their life is when it comes to communicate in different countries! They literally don’t even have to think about what and how they want to say because they just talk on their freaking mother tongue! And yesterday it was the same with us! I believe it happened to me the first time that I was talking to a foreigner on my native language! I didn’t even have to think about what word I wanted to say or what grammar I am using! (Alright this is not actually true because when I talk in English I just talk and don’t concentrate on using the correct terms or word tense, but you know what I mean.) Ola told us she has friends who also study Hungarian, and they are most likely up for meeting us! We gonna be Americans for a few hours agaaaaain! Haha, it is going to be awesome! Seriously I cannot wait! Some people don’t know but Hungarian is an incredibly hard language, one of the reasons I am writing this blog in English is because I cannot write without basic mistakes in Hungarian! And these folks from Poland are studying Hungarian and probably have better writing skills then I do! You gotta appreciate that! I’m sure I do appreciate it a lot!

One funny thing about Poland… we cannot seem to find a place where we can buy various kind of exercise books and pens and whatevers. We have a lot of “papershops” in Hungary, but it seems like here it is not really a thing... Or maybe we are just too dump to find those shops I don’t know… anyways I’ll keep you updated on this one!

Talking about updates, it is time to update you on the beer-situation! As I told you earlier to find a great Polish beer you gotta go to a Polish shop, find the shelf of beers, and choose whichever you want, and it is going to be great! And today my hint on choosing beer worked again(!) – seems like my hint is limited to shops. So today I tried the beer called Zywiec. And boy/girl – trying not to be sexist here – it is goooood! Nothing special, but a really nice taste! So far number one is Okocim 2nd is Zywiec and 3rd place is the Tatra beer.

Tomorrow gonna be a good day we will meet our ESNer – at least this is the tittle of the event – and we cannot wait to meet new international people(!) I mean that is the reason why we are actually here!

 

See you tomorrow take care,
Almos

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Last Day in Warsaw