A pretty packed day











 Yesterday we went building hunting! I’m not quite sure if it was a thing before, but it is now haha! My brother is really into architecture, he sent me all this crazy building that you can find in Warsaw on the first week Sara and I got here. It was obvious that some point of his stay we will hunt down all these buildings! And that day was yesterday.

First, we checked out a brutalist building in Kozia street, then another in Górnoslaska steet. After this interesting program we met up with Sara and went to the Warsaw Uprise Museum. Wow. That place is a must watch! It is really shocking! I really hope no ideology will manage to get to these many fans as Nazism and Communism.
The new ideology my afraid of is Liberalism. I’m terrified by Liberalism. Especially in Hungary and the EU. The argument between EU and Poland (or Hungary in fact) feels a repetition of the history! When a big ruler thinks something is good and the other is not and wants everyone to believe the same! In the 50s Poland (and Hungary) realized the ideology that is stressed on them is WRONG and leads NOWHERE, they even tried to break free. I think previously it was the Nazi or Soviet ideology that was stressed on Poland now it is the Liberalism. (I think Liberalism has positive values(!) but there are lot of negative ones as well!)
So, I don’t know, maybe Polish people’s disagreement could be a wake-up call, because I think these people here are quite good at realizing when something is not right.

Anyway, after the museum I ran to the uni for my class. After the class I met my brother and girlfriend again and went to the University of Warsaw Library, which was also shocking, but this time in a positive way. It has a beautiful garden on the rooftop with beautiful bushes and flowers – if more buildings would have a roof garden, cities would be a little colder in the summer just saying.

After the tour to the library, we had a quick dinner and headed to the bank of the river Vistula to check out the skyline of Warsaw – allegedly the best view is from the National Stadium. It wasn't bad but not that amazing either, I'll take Sara there and then show you the pictures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw