An afternoon in the Saxon Garden






 

Okay, so first I think this is the very first time when I actually gonna publish my blog in the time period that I intended to! It’s probably not a big deal for you, but it kinda is for me!

So, let’s get on the blog shell we?

Yesterday was a pretty chilled day, with our weekly hike, and shopping done the day before yesterday we really could just chill and get ready for the next week.

Although I said we were chilling, we didn’t just sit at home, we went on a walk at the nearby park called Saxon Garden, which was a part of a fortification built in the 17th century. It was destroyed at the World War 2 – just as the whole city basically – and rebuilt later. One of the main things, that should be mentioned about the park is that it was opened for public in 1727 which means it is one of the first parks that were opened to the public! It is still very popular today many people come and see the place, it is always packed with tourists, retired folks, and people who are walking their dogs. The garden must be very pretty and calling thru the summer, but at fall… it takes the word gorgeous to a whole next level! The colorful leaves on the trees and the ground makes you feel like you are at the most beautiful forest, even though you are in the middle of the city!

I think it’s enough of me trying to find words to describe the place, I rather let the pictures do the talking!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw