Language barrier

 

 I write all the blogs in the evening or in the morning, so that was how I started my day yesterday. Then I realized, I hardly took any pictures of the Saxon Garden, so I had to go back to take some pictures.

It’ been always a dream of mine to do a vlog. I tried to share my experience in the USA in 2019, but I quickly ran into a problem – that I only realized later – that my phone only had 32GBs. Today 32GBs sound terribly small, but when I bought my phone in early 2018 it was okayish. Then I wanted to capture our trip to the Balkan, but then we were talking in Hungarian which made working on that series kinda pointless – as I think I told you earlier the whole point of me writing and talking in English on social media is I have many international friends, who speak no Hungarian, but what I also have is Hungarian friends, but they do speak at least some English. I also made lot of videos about our trip to the Baltic states, that was in English, so I think I will make a nice little video of them, but first I should write a script for them to make it as enjoyable as possible.
So now I decided it is the time to do my vlog, I shot some videos of my trying to introduce myself, but I didn’t like the videos so I might have to go back today again to do it all over again.

That's me vlogging

After I got home, I cooked some nice lunch for us – since Sari was at the uni. Soonish my class started at 4.45pm which ended at 7.15pm. The class is called Geography of the World, which is an extraordinarily exciting title, so the class should be extraordinarily exciting as well, right? But it is not. I wanted to say that the biggest problem is, but I can’t point out the biggest problem. There are small problems that add up to a huge problem. For instance, there is a language barrier around the professor, then there is a languages barrier around us, students and, then there are the problems of the online communication, that his microphone is not the best, I guess my speakers aren’t the best either, and if this wasn’t enough my internet connection also acts funny every now and then. By funny I meant “funny” because there is nothing funny about listening to your professor speaking in StarTrack/robot mode.
The only reason why I am not panicking for not understanding my professor is because I talked with another student, and he/she didn’t understand what he was saying either…

I wonder if I’m (or actually we because that other guy was in the same boat) the only one having issues understanding my professor. But I honestly don’t think the problem was with me. I watch a lot of videos, movies in English and I understand them perfectly. And I understood perfectly those students who commented on yesterday’s class…  I hope I won’t fail on the exam because I had no idea what happened at class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw