Back in Warsaw

 

Yesterday started with ending the day before yesterday – if that makes any sense haha. It was around 0000 when we finally got back to Warsaw from Poznan, and it was almost 0100 by the time we got to the apartment. We rolled out some yoga mattress for our guests and went to sleep.

We woke up in the morning, kinda early how every everyone else was asleep, so there was no other option then going back to sleep.

We got up around 1000 again, had some nice breakfast, and started getting ready. Sári and our guests were planning to do a shopping day, so it needed a buncha preparation, I guess. I’m not really an expert in shopping, I thought you just go to a shop when you really need something, then you buy it and that’s all. But what do I know?!

We got ready by 1200ish and headed to the closest mall to our apartment called Tarassy. I think I must’ve told you about that place, it’s a bigass shopping mall, and the only interesting part of it is the roof. It’s made out of different shapes of glass panels, and allegedly there are no matching panels in the whole roof. I seriously doubt that. How on Earth would anyone remember the exact shape and size of billions of glasses?! Apart from that the place is just as torturous as any other malls. But thanks to Sári’s company this time I didn’t have to go inside, I just walked them there so I would have my few kilometers – which by the way are pointless for this month because, during out sightseeing in Poznan I reached my Fitness App’s November goal and I hit 157.1 km on foot. I cannot wait to see December’s challenge!

After dropping the kids off I was headed back to our apartment, because my landlord M – she’s another M not Sári’s friend M – decided she wants to sell the place and she and the possible new buyer wanted to see our room or studio whatever it’s called, and they were arriving at 1600.

Although it wasn’t much earlier, I had breakfast, but I came across that kebab place I’ve been dying to try out, but unfortunately Sár doesn’t like kebab I hadn’t had a chance to try that place. But now it was all about to change. I looked inside the restaurant, I saw the prices and I thought I’ll give this place a go. One kebab was 11 PLN which isn’t that much, so I was expecting the food to be the size of a meal you would see in a barbie house’s table. Shockingly I was wrong. Very wrong. I got a huge kebab. When I saw it, I couldn’t help myself and expressed my surprise. It seemed like my accomplishment made my dude’s day, or he was just laughing because he knew something I didn’t. But his smile also made my day! So did the kebab! It was delicious! I mean really delicious! I bet this was not the last time I ate there!

When I got home it was well before 1600, so I had the time to finish the day before yesterday’s blog and to cook some tea. It was quite exciting waiting for these people I gotta tell you. I felt like I was supposed to do some kinda performance or something. I was sitting tight from 1600 till 1626 when they finally knocked on the door. They looked around, haven’t even looked for some details. Although they were talking in Polish, I think they were discussing the opportunities of the studio and they were talking about new furniture, but that’s honestly just a wild guess. They could’ve talked about sup. Or breading dogs. God and other Polish people only know.

By the time they’ve left the place our friends got back to the apartment. Our original plan was to go to the oldtown and have some hot wine or preferably hot beer in the snowfall, but my phone has lied to us, and it wasn’t snowing it was raining. Bummer.

So, we stayed home, had some lovely conversations, with some lovely Soplicas.

Tomorrow we will explore the city, that’s gonna be more exciting for all of us!

Till then, take care, and have a great day

Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw