Culturalization


Yesterday we started our day around 1400. It was a late start for me and Sári, but overall, an acceptable start for the team. After a little morning – and early afternoon – coma we headed downtown. Yesterday was culture’s day.

First, we started with Polish culture, especially concentrating on the local cuisine. In order to introduce the Polish kitchen at its peakish performance we decided on going to Gosciniec. Again. Ha-ha. As you could tell every time someone come to visit us, we take them to that place. The reason for this is pretty simple: they have amazing cooks, acceptable prices, and pretty waitresses. Every time we go there, we are trying to try something new. This time I had Hunters’ stew Polish style – or it was called something similar. It came in a rye bread staffed with pork, cabbage, loads of cabbage, mushrooms, and being a Polish food buncha paper. I gotta tell you it was amazing! The best stew I’ve ever had. Simple as that. Anna had the same as I had – she also loved it, no surprise there – Sári had Pirogi with bacon and sour cream, and Mate had something fried with potatoes.
You might remember the day before yesterday, we bought some Piwo Male also known as Hot Beer at the Christmas Market, although it wasn’t very expensive it was incredibly bad. However, in these Gosciniecs they have really good Hot Beers, so I told Anna she must try it here! Her opinion was similar to mine I think she said it was interesting, but pretty good actually. I think it’s safe to say we all loved our foods and drinks; It was a great experience again. (Oh, I’ve just realized we’ve been in Pyra Bar with our friends in Poznan, so this was not their first experience with Polish food!)

After our lunch/dinner our culturalization wasn’t over yet. Not even close to over. We got on a bus and headed to an expo center – or the expo center I should say – to see an exhibition. A Van Gogh exhibition. Hmm fancy, eh? Yeah, we thought so… The price was fancy! A single student ticket was 55 zloty. 55. zloty. I bought a train ticket to Gdansk cheaper than this entrance fee. The cashier started kinda laughing when she saw my reaction for the price. I though I was going to need an ambulance. But the whole thing was important to Sári, so I paid. I paid 110 zloty. That’s half a tank of diesel. And the quality diesel not that cheap crap that kills your engine… Anyways, we entered a room which I humbly thought was the first room of a huge exhibition – we paid 55 zloty for one student ticket – but apparently, I was wrong. In fact, I couldn’t have been more wrong. The whole exhibition was about Van Gogh’s paintings animated and being projected on some huge bedsheets on the walls. The whole animation was something like 30 minutes long and you were supposed to sit on the ground to watch it. Awful experience, I’m done with art. I could’ve spent that huge amount of money on so many ways more important staff. I could’ve paid for Greece’s National debt, for instance – given the entrance fee was just a touch more expensive…
Sorry for complaining about the entrance fee, and money in general, but I’m a student, with no jobs, or time to have a job, and I do not think it was fair to charge a student 55 zloty for anything! Especially not some paintings projected on bed sheets.

Anyways, after this huge trauma, we went to the library. And buy library I mean bar. We went to Zakatek, where we met my mentor and friend – I think I haven’t asked her permission to use her name, so she will go by Jane till I ask her. It’s always exciting and a buncha fun when two of your separated friend groups meet. These kinda meeting can go terribly and amazingly as well, and it’s quite hard to tell which way the meeting will go.
We had fun. A lot of it. I wish our friends wouldn’t leave so soon and we could repeat last night.

We finished the night in the bar, and that’s also where I have to finish today’s blog, so thank you very much for reading, and have a great day!

Take care,

Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw