First Day Home?


When we got up yesterday it was a bit weird. Like really weird. It felt like we were home. Till now I think I always thought about home as Pécs, but now, after living in Warsaw for two months – ha-ha I gotta be honest I thought more time has passed – it does feel like home. Although we had been on several trips before – such as our trip to the Baltics I still owe you those blogs – getting back to the apartment in Warsaw just felt like getting to another accommodation somewhere through our travels. However, this time it was different. It didn't feel like just another random accommodation. It just felt like we were home! Strange, isn’t it?

Anyways after we got up, well we kinda didn’t got up. We walked 37.5 km in the last two days! Our legs were destroyed and upset with our recklessness. I think I haven’t mentioned it before but, on the first day in Gdansk we walked 20.5 km, according to my Fitness app I’ve burned 1,028 KCAL, I’ve exercised 140 minutes – I have no idea how it came up with this number – and I’ve “stood” for 16hours. I have literally no idea what those figures mean or how my watch and phone came up with them.

So, after chilling for quite a long time, we watched a few Breaking Bad episodes and chilled more. My throat started hurting a bit – which gave me an extra reason why I couldn't do anythin but just chill. To make sure I wouldn’t get sick I made myself a special drink. I learned the recipe from my boss/leader and friend from Camp IHC, Adriano. He made us this thing everytime we felt under the weather.  All you need for this curing drink is 5 little ingredients: hot water, honey, cayenne pepper, turmeric, ginger, and lemon juice. Put them in a mug, mix them, and try to drink them. It does not taste good, but it’s still better than taking any modern-day medicine for a little cough.

The magic drink.

I also took the time to check how much money we spent last month… Yes, some actions are required to make our stay in Warsaw more sustainable. What’s worrying me is, right now, the university doesn’t spoil us, but still gives us more money, than we will earn as high school teachers. How do young teachers survive? Yeah, our future is not as bright as it could be, but let’s not go that far ahead.
Oh, and next month we are planning to do our Tour de Poland, which also gonna cost a lot of money. Well, we gonna have to get some good summer jobs to keep our heads above the water. But honestly everyone knows that an Erasmus isn’t really about saving money, it’s about new experiences, new adventures, and making lifelong memories. And that’s the most important, that’s the only thing that should matter.

Life is about experiences, adventures, and impressions; that’s what should matter not the materialistic thoughts about stuff and money. I think this is a good thought, a good take-away to close today’s blog with. You don’t have to agree with my thoughts just think about them.

Thanks for being here, I hope you all are doing well and see you tomorrow,

Bye,

Almos


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw