Good Day

 

Yesterday was a good day, ain’t no body gotta cry that day save the drama for another day blah blah it kinda worked, right? Haha… anyways it a truly great day.

When I woke up, I checked what the tasks are for my class, luckily it was just one podcast to listen to about Taking a Vacation from Carbon Emissions. It was a quite interesting conversations between the presenter and the guest Dr. Michel Hall. One of the shocking information was that there are no taxes for plane fuels! What?! Why? Half the price of the fuel we buy at a gas station is just taxes! So why are we the only ones who are paying taxes? The other thing was about water battles. When you travel somewhere, you are basically surrounded by plastic water bottles. They are everywhere! They are at the gas stations, they are offered on the planes, they are on the table of every hotel room, they are just everywhere! And why? Because it much easier for us to just sit down next to the table and open that bottle instead of taking our refillable water bottle to a tap and refill it. And because there is a multibillion-dollar industry behind it. If wanna learn about it, you can listen to the whole podcast I’ve linked it above.

After I finished listening to my podcast we started cooking. Sári cooked a soup and cottage cheese pasta – túrós tészta a nice Hungarian dish. We also had the opportunity to talk with Sári’s friends about their visit! They’ve finally made up their mind and bought tickets to Warsaw – yes, plane tickets. They are flying to Poznan, and we will pick them up there and travel back to Warsaw. I cannot wait to see them!

Unfortunately, while we were talking with our friends the time has past pretty fast, and I had to get moving! Walking to the university should take 32 minutes – according to google maps – but in reality, it’s almost 45 minutes! Wow… how is that possible? Okay, now I got a little confused because I don’t get it. I think it takes 40 something minutes to walk to the university however the internet says it should only take 32 minutes. Next week I’ll check it because I think the internet is lying to me. Anyways I was walking to the university, but after walking for approximately 10 minutes I was afraid I wouldn’t make it on time, so I got on a bus to save time. I thought the best thing I could do is to get on the bus – which was just arriving to the bus stop – travel a few stops on it and get off of it just 2 stops before the university so I would make it on time and also have the opportunity to walk a bit more. Sounded like a decent plan, but unfortunately, I missed the stops before the university, so the plan failed.

The class itself was quite interesting, I felt like I could finally have some good conversations with the teacher. I enjoyed it a lot. We talked about the points I’ve written about earlier, and we also discussed the effect of tourism on global warming and vice versa. It’s interesting how we destroy those places we usually go for holidays…

After class I waited for Sári at her faculty – yes, this time I did make it to the faculty – and we walked home together. Yeah, it was a good day.

That’s it for today, I hope you are all well, aand see you tomorrow?!

Take care,

Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw