Shopping Again and Again... Literally!



 

Yesterday we started the preparations for the arrival of our guests by cleaning the apartment and going grocery shopping. Sounds life fun, right?

First things first, we cleaned the apartment, I was vacuum cleaning, Sári was doing the bathroom – oh, and before you would start wondering whether this was the first time, we cleaned the answer is no! Just because I haven’t written about all of our cleanings, we do clean the apartment every week. Stop judging! After I finished with the vacuuming, I had to sort out our mold situation. I could tell right from the start that this would be a problem. Basically, we cook every day, that means we are boiling water every day, that means evaporation all the time, and when the hot air that contains buncha water hits a colder surface it condensates. Condensation results wet walls which results mold. If we lived in this apartment for a longer period of time, I would definitely buy a dehumidifier, so the whole place wouldn’t rot completely – I think the other apartments in our apartment do have this problem, we’ve been in one of them and the floor did feel like it was rotten under the surface.

Okay, so after we got everything cleaned, we went shopping. The whole shopping procedure took as almost 4 hours.
We went to Wola Park which is not that far from us. Not that far by car… it’s really far on foot or by public transport. So, every time we go there, we go by car. Which is not a terribly bad thing, I mean we hardly ever using the car since we are here. Our trip to the Baltics was around 4,000 km, but since then, since September I think we haven’t driven 1,000 km. And the car – especially the battery – needs to be used in order to last longer. Maybe Greta is not that happy with our shopping habit, but in the end of the day it is more sustainable for us.
So, we have spent the lifetime of a tortoise in Auchan, when we finally got outta that place we realized we haven’t bought bread. So, while Sári went to a Rossman, I had to go to the car, pack everything out, and go back to the stop, that we have just left 2 minutes ago. And if you think forgetting the bread was unlucky wait till you see how the bread cutting machine destroyed my bread! When I gave it to the cashier, he had literally no idea what that thing was. And I couldn’t blame him! I was cursing to Sára when I got to the cashier, while an old folk next to us was listening. It was funny because there are not many words in Polish and Hungarian that would mean the same, but ‘kurva’ – means bitch – is the same on both languages. So, while I was complaining to Sára I also happened to call the cutting machine a bitch, and when I said that word the old folk looked at me and kinda smiled or even laughed; I suppose that was the only word that he understood. I was saying blah blah blah blah kurva blah blah. I think I would’ve laughed as well. Actually, I laugh every time when I hear ‘kurva’ I think it’s funny.

Of course, I’ve also managed to amuse myself in the shop…
6.99 zloty for some fucking polar bears? Gotta be kidding me!


When we got home, we realized we haven’t taken out the trash. I mean the recyclable papers, plastic bottles and glasses – we forgot about them because we wash them after we emptied them, so they are easier to recycle, and don’t smell, which also results us forgetting about them. I head 3 rounds to the garbage room(?) outside the building. First, I took out the plastic – dumped it in the wrong can… damn it – then it took the paper, and the last ones were the glasses. Why I’m telling you the order? Just to stress I did 3 trips to the street – do you remember I’m not using the elevator for almost a week now? Okay, I did use the elevator when we got home with all the shopping, but since we couldn’t bring everything up with one round, I had to go back down, and that time I did not use the elevator! And why? I’m trying to reduce my carbon footprint by not using electricity if it’s not completely necessary. So, I walked at least 4x9 floors thru yesterday! I’m wondering whether I’ll be able to walk today…

So, that’s it for today, I hope you had fun reading it, or at least more fun than I had living it,

See you tomorrow and take care,

Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw