Visiting Gdansk Part 2.


So, we are picking up the story from yesterday, it was around 1600 when we entered the rented apartment. Well, let’s make it straight, we went for the cheapest possible option, with the most acceptable ratings. The advertisement said it’s next to a nice white house. Yeah, the house next to us was really nice, however ours looked like some sorta favella in South America. We entered the building thru a door which was hardly possible to close properly – that was the point when I started to worry – we went upstairs, thru corridors what would be considered small even in the medieval times up to basically the attic. There was one door ahead of us and one behind us. The door behind us was unlocked, slightly opened, and strange sounds came from behind it. I knew I wasn’t ready for whatever was behind that door. The message we received from the manager said we have to get our keys outta metal box and the 3rd room was ours. We entered the room, and it was really nice for the first glimpse. But then we had the chance to look around and wow. haha, I don’t know what to say about the place. The toilet made a really weird sound, when it was refilling the tank, the shower had cold and boiling hot water, but only one of them was available at a time, however I have to give them credit for the condom next to the bed! It’s a shame it was already used. … I think it’s needless to say we were sleeping on the other half of the bed squeezed in, in the fear of accidently touching a safety “device” we didn’t want to touch.

So, that was our nice little cozy apartment, but our day didn’t end there. After a quick powernap we headed into Gdansk’s night life. By that I mean we walked for another 3 hours in the city. I believe we did more or less the same-ish route as we did during the day, and I gotta say, Gdansk was just as beautiful in the evening as it was thru the day! Absolutely gorgeous! Some wooden stands were already up for the Christmas Market in Targ Weglowy street, but we were interested in the big Christmas Market behind the Golden Gate! It was mind blowing! Beautiful stands everywhere, with hundreds of Christmas Trees – yeah ecologically it might have not been that beautiful, those trees could be in the forests to absorb CO2 and feed us with O2 – light all over the place, it really was magical. From there, we went to the riverbank again, because when we left for our accommodation, it was already getting dark and then the houses, the restaurants, the bars had been already lit, so I thought it would be beautiful in the evening as well, and guess what?! I was right! It was beautiful! After a short walk we started feeling hungry, so we went to a place suggested by our friend Ola, which was called Pyra Bar. I had no idea what to expect from that place, when we got there around 1930 it was quite full, but we were lucky there was one table free. When I first saw the prices, I couldn’t believe my eyes! We both had huge dishes, Sára a compote, me a beer for effectively less than two meals in McDonald’s! The food was incredibly delicious, I tried mine first and I was over the moon, but then I tried Sári’s… My taste buds burned out, my servosystem collapsed, and I almost started crying. That was the most delicious food I’ve ever tasted! It was incredible! I was so shocked, I forgot to learn the names of the dishes… Damn it! Unfortunately, they don’t have any restaurants in Warsaw, but they do have some in Poznan, where we are going next week! Oh, man I’m so ready to set my taste bud on fire again! Hell yeah!

After dinner we walked around the city once more on pretty much the same road we walked previously. The city was so beautiful, it’s hard to get enough it! If you don’t believe me, visit Gdansk and try to believe your eyes!

So, that was the second part of our first day in Gdansk, I hope it was less boring to read about it in two pieces, tomorrow I’m coming back with the second and at the same time last day of our trip.

I hope y’all well and see you tomorrow!

Almos






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw