Visiting Gdansk Part 4.





So, we are picking up the story at the train station of Sopot. Previously we got our tickets online (to Gdansk and back to Warsaw), then we used a machine at the train station of Gdansk, however now we had to go old school. The machine at the station of Sopot didn’t work so we had to talk with a lady to buy tickets. Unfortunately, she didn’t speak English. So, we had to improvise. I think I must’ve used all my knowledge of Slavic languages, I used some Polish words, some Croatian words, and of course some good old Bosnian ones as well. I gave her all I got. And surprisingly it worked!
Back at home I always go to talk with cashiers to get some tickets, I hate buying tickets online… what was wrong with talking to people?! Although I have these online tickets, I do see the advantages of using them too.

So, we got our tickets and went to the platform where we spent almost half an hour waiting for the train. But eventually the train has arrived. We got on the train, and so did the half of Poland’s population. The train was so crowded it’s hard to describe! There we weren’t afraid of getting COVID-19, because we knew there was no space left on the train not even for viruses or bacteria. I guess the reason for the crowed could’ve been the train being late? I don’t know but it was annoying. By the time we got to Gdansk the train was surprisingly empty. We got off the train and started walking in the city. The sameish route for the 4th or 5th time? I don’t know but trust me it is really hard to get enough of that city. It’s just simply beautiful!
Last night when we were walking around Sári found a thing in a shops window, a thingy which we couldn’t live without. It was two hugging cats on a ring to put it on your keys maybe? I don’t really know but we had to buy that thing. Luckily or unfortunately the shop was closed at night, so it was our next day duty to get that thing. So, we got it.

After walking around again I’ve decided we couldn’t leave the city without seeing some big-ass ships again. I searched on my phone for the closest harbor lookalike place, and we went there. It was a nice 30 minutes’ walk, through undiscovered territories in Gdansk. By the time we got there it was getting dark – like really dark – and started drizzling which set Sári in a great mood. The look of the place didn’t really help either. It was something that looked like an old shipyard’s garden, which was semi-used nowadays. There were building that were only held together by the Holly Spirit, and there were some huge warehouses with strange looking people all around it. This experience made it really easy to imagine how tough and probably unstoppable the guys of the Solidarity movement were – unfortunately they were stopped by the commies, but you’re picking up what I’m putting down, right?
After wondering around in the yard Sári got enough of being cold and looking at cargo ships, so we had to leave that magnificent place…

We started walking back to the inner city, to a shopping mall to avoid the explosion of our bladders, to warm up a little, and to get some food for the two-and-a-half-hour train ride home.
And oh what a ride it was. I have never ever saw a train like that. Surprisingly the cheapest tickets to Warsaw were the tickets for the Premium InterCity. Oh yeah. Premium. We had huge seats, power outlets, reading lights, soft materials all around us! That train was amazing! I would go by train anywhere if we had those trains in Hungary! Everywhere! (Of course, for the same price as they were now.)

The train ride went well we had a great time in the luxurious environment. However, it was also great to get back home and sleep in our own bed.

I think that’s it for trip I hope you enjoyed it, and it was easier, and better to read it in 4 parts than it would’ve been in two mega blogs.

So, thank you for reading, and as always; take care of yourselves folks,

See y’all tomorrow!
Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw