The Longest Shortest Day

 So, yesterday was the last big present-hunt and the start of the Christmas break at the university.

I got up bright and early so I could start my trip as early as possible. The mall I was going to was 50 minutes by public transport, so there was no time to be waisted. — yes at that point I didn’t know the break has already started — I had a few options of public transportation to chose from, however I knew I didn’t want to go by subway, soI was looking for a convenient bus. The trip to the mall really did take 50 minutes, but I enjoyed the trip a lot! I saw some nice buildings, interesting faces, and a few  heartwarming smiles. Who could ask for more?

When I entered the mall I immediately found some nice exhibited cars. There was a new Honda NSX, Ford Mustang, and a Dodge Charger as well. So, I’ve found these magnificent pieces of engineering, however I didn’t found the book I was looking for… There were at least four bookstores in the mall, of course they didn’t have my book… One of the bookstore-chains had it in one of their stores, however when I Googled it, it turned out to be 150 km away! Bummer. But it was already late, my battery was running low, so I headed back home. I was worried I was going to miss my class… When I finally got home I searched for email with the link of my class, opened it and no one was there! I waited a few minutes before I checked the email again and I didn’t found yesterday’s date in it… So it turned out to be holiday already! I guess the whole online learning thingy makes me forget about how much I love and appreciate a nice school break.



I was about to give up on the book when I typed ‘English books in Warsaw’ into Google. There were a few options, however only the third store looked interesting. I checked their website and holly molly! The owner of the shop is an amazing character, young Polish guy, who used to live in Canada and moved back to Poland and opened his little store. After I read his intro I checked the books’ list and there it was! And as if life couldn’t get any better it cost third of the price than it would’ve cost in the store 150 km away! I was super happy because a) I found what I was looking for and b) the best thing; I could support a little local shop and not one of the megastores!



After spending 2.5 hours on public transportation I got back home again, and started getting ready for our nice little walk at the downtown. We had a nice little date-night, Sari had a nice hot chocolate, I had a nice hot wine. We even made a photo booth picture! It turned out to be a disaster; the thingy didn’t count down to warn us about the shooting, then we had to chose the background, we were discussing which we should choose when our time was up, so the booth had chosen one fore us… Then we could’ve chosen between 3 little pictures or one big, however the booth decided instead of us again! Damn it! So, we paid for a picture that we didn’t pose for, a background we didn’t wanted, and a format we never asked for. I would say our date went well… Bummer haha… I’ll show you how the picture looks like…



I think that’s enough for today, see you tomorrow

Take care and Merry Christmas!

Almos

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw