Krakow

 So, we arrived to Krakow, found out that the accommodation we booked for the nights didn’t have free parking, although their Booking page said that… On that sorta disappointing start we packed out of the car, and then headed to the city.

Our first walk took us to the Main Market Square where we walked around, however, we were starving so we looked for a restaurant. Our goal was to find a place which looked nice, but wasn’t super fancy since we didn’t win the lottery the previous day. Surprisingly we found one in five minutes maximum! It was a smaller restaurant, where I believe we had pizza and(!) I had something I have never ever had; my first ever, my very first, my introduction to a new world, or in a fewer words: my first Polish beer. And, oh boy. It was joyous. It was a very fine pint of Okocim. I still remember the taste in my mouth. 





The next day we did the compulsory sightseeing tour, we checked out the market square again, the market, the barbican, a few parks, and the Vistula River. The river that we were about to live next to — not literally — for the next five months! Side-note: we study well, we didn’t live in a van down by the river haha.





Down by the river I managed to take a picture of to dragons.

By the barbican we saw something we haven’t seen before — at least not in real life. While we were walking on the sidewalk we saw a tram. It was nothing special just an average tram. However what wasn’t average at all is how the passengers got off it! The tram tracks were in the middle of the road, next to it on the right was the actual road, used by many-many cars, and than next to the road was the sidewalk. As the tram approached a tram stop-sign it just stopped, opened its doors and passengers just got off it to the middle of the road! We were astonished by this, and we didn’t understand how on Earth didn’t anybody died right before our eyes! It was crazy! There were no warning signs or lights or whatevers to tell the drivers about passengers flying off the tram at random stops! I only heard about something similar in Burma, where a dictator decided he wanted to travel on the right side of the road instead of the left, and he changed the rules overnight; well at that country people also got off the transportation vehicle directly in to the traffic. After this shock we had to sit down for a minute, and I also had the opportunity try yet another Polish beer, this time it was made by a small factory, which’s name I can’t remember unfortunately, because that beer was also amazing.



We walked, and walked around the city, till it became dark. Then we took yet another lap of our day trip. 

It was really nice, however I somehow I’m not that into that city. I just don’t like it, and I don’t know why. I didn’t like how people were driving there, I didn’t like the design of the roads, and I didn’t like the huge horses on the market square. 

It’s a beautiful city, just not for me. I think its vibes are like an XXL Pécs’s, and I already have that spot filled in my heart. 

Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw