Muffins Or Donuts

 Yesterday morning we woke up for a beautiful sunny day. I thought we should’ve gone for a walk, but Sari convinced me that it was time to study… As I was studying I looked out the window and suddenly the sun was gone, and the weather was coming in. Soon it’s started snowing. However it wasn’t just a regular snowing it was yet another snowstorm! It looked awesome! 

After lunch we decided to have a coffee in a café that’s literally visible from our window, it’s really that close. We saw the snow was still falling, but we did not see the wind blowing… However when we got to the door and wind was blowing thru the door it became quite obvious; we were about to experience the biggest snowstorm of our lives. It was almost like a blizzard! So, bravely we decided to go the the shop nearby and buy muffins there, because that seemed like the less freezing and less expensive option. And I gotta say we made quite a good deal! We bought at least 5 muffins for less than 15 zloty! At the café looking at the menu would’ve have cost the same — probably.



Yet the biggest surprise of the days was just just about to come. As we were leaving the shop something felt strange. The outside world seemed to be different than it was. When we got out it was obvious. The storm was gone! Completely! No wind, no snow, not even a single cloud was up in the sky! In ten minutes the weather has completely changed! We didn’t believe our eyes! It was like we were at scripted movie. 

We could’ve walked for a bit, but we were determined to eat all the jammies we bought. For unpublished reasons we had to had a movie night. Previously we saw the first movie of Shrek, so it felt logical to rewatch the second movie. So, we did. And I can assure you, Shrek and donuts are the perfect combination! They were such a good combo we’ve accidentally watched the third movie as well! Although these movies are the movies of our childhood, I hardly remember any of that, so it was really interesting see them.

When we were done with the movies it was already dark. Today was approaching, so it was time to go running. I put on my running shoes and headed down to the street. The plan was to run one extra lap around the block. When I got out to the street my plans seemed to be a bit hard to succeed. It wasn’t snowing, however the wind was pretty strong. But I thought if I ran in the same direction as the wind blows for the same distance as facing the wind the forces will equal themselves, it that makes any sense to you. The point here wasn’t exactly to be completely accurate with the physics, but positive thinking was more important at that point than physics. So I’ve started running, I was only 800 meters into the run when I hit the third corner of my run and I almost didn’t make it. I got thru the corner, just before leaving it I decided to lay down the ground for a second. Somehow that corner was so slippery I felt like teenagers fall for Huge Jackman; quick and mysteriously. Of course the whole street was full of cars, and pedestrians, so everyone was looking at me. To make it less awkward I just got up and ran away. Then I realized I’ve fallen on the connector of my headphones, so they’ve changed them minds on working… Unlucky. However I did reach my goal, and that definitely felt great!

That’s all for today, take care y’all, and remember sidewalks might be slippery this time of the year!

Almos

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw