Trip to the Movies

 Yesterday when I woke up I could defines tell I had gone running the day before yesterday. My muscles we a bit sore and surprisingly my knee hurt also.

And that was the end of my complains, because after I finally got out of my bed things turned for the better. We cooked some awesome lunch, which set the awesome mood for our date-night. We were going to the movies! Sari has never been to movie theater outside Hungary, and I haven’t been in a movie theater in Poland either, so we decided to give it a shot. Luckily here, in Poland most of the movies are in their original language, and all they have in Polish is the subtitles. This is a genius idea when it comes to American movies, however it could be definitely an issue, when they are playing some Portuguese movies. We heard the thriller of a Spanish movie, and well… I wouldn’t watch that even if it was interesting. 

The movie theater we went to was in Zlote Tarasy and I think was called Multi Kino. It seemed like a huge movie theater chain like Cinema City. The movie theater was located on the top floor of the mall, and had two stories! Our movie was played on the top floor, so we figured we should buy some popcorn quickly before we go upstairs. As it turned out, they are allowed to sell popcorn, however you are not allowed to eat it during the movie, nor to drink anything. But you can buy takeaway-popcorn, which I personally think is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Takeaway-popcorn my ass. We bought some, just because someone among us believes the only way you can watch a movie in a movie theater is by eating popcorn. I don’t like popcorn, so that makes it easy to find out who was that person… 

After we purchased our takeaway popcorn, they checked our immunity card, and then we were allowed to enter the stairs. After we got past the checkpoint, we didn’t see any staff member, we were left alone to find the room. Which didn’t cause any problem, just I think it was surprising. Usually places like this are overprotected, to make sure every dambass make his way to his seat.

When we got to the room it was totally empty, we were the first who arrived, so we had the opportunity to explore. They had VIP seats, which were bigger and frankly much comfortable than the other chairs, and they had wide armrest as well. Our cheap seats turned out to be pretty comfortable as well, we had much bigger leg-space than we would have had if we were in a movie theater in Pécs. It was a really positive experience.



After the movies we took a detour to the Palace of Culture and Sciences, where we found a huge fundraise party.  It looked fun, but we didn’t find to much information on it. 




That’s it for today, see you tomorrow,

Take care

Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw