SNOW

 Yesterday was the first day of our last month here in Warsaw. And it that didn’t sound bad enough, our last month is not even a full month, we are leaving on the 11th! That’s pretty sad.

Although I had these pretty depressing thoughts in my head all day long, I gotta say, yesterday was one of the best day we had here! It was kinda snowing in the past few days, but it seemed like it always melted in a few seconds. However that was not the case in the Saxon Garden! We’ve spent the last month basically home, because we had to study, so now we decided to go out as much as possible. This decision led us to the Saxon Garden where the snow didn’t melt immediately, the whole garden was covered with snow! It was beautiful! We walked around, had a little nostalgic time thought about the first time we went there, how beautiful it was with leaves on the trees, and now how beautiful it was in snow. Soon the inevitable happened and we started freezing, so we had to walk home. 



After we did the usual things back at home my head started hurting, and I thought I should cure it by walking outside a bit. As soon as I got out I had the pleasure to realize it was snowing again! It was amazingly gorgeous! So, I started walking. I walked to the Rondo ONZ then turned around and walked to the Rondo Dasinksiego, then back to the ONZ. It was still snowing, it was still beautiful, so I think I walked 3-4 laps around the rondos, when I realized it doesn’t really make any sense to walk around and around for ages, if I wanna enjoy the snowfall I could just walk to the historical downtown, see it in snow, and enjoy the snowfall on my way.



So, that was exactly what I did. I just walked and walked, my jacket turned into white by the time I reached Nowy Swiat street. From there it was just an quick ten-ish minutes walk to the downtown. By then the snow cover increased by almost two centimeters, everything was white, and empty! Especially the old town! It was completely empty, I had all the streets to myself, and it wasn’t even scary because the snow made the whole place bright and happy! It was amazing!


I walked thru the market square, the ice-skating ring was completely empty and covered with snow, I walked thru the barbican it was also completely empty, I hardly found any footprints in the snow. 



On my way back I walked thru the smallest streets ever, I explored new and new places, till I eventually ended up on the main square. From there I started walking home, I walked thru the Saxon Garden again, the snow layer has increased a we centimeters again, it seemed like a bit thicker than 4-5 centimeters. The park was also completely empty, I only saw a few dog walkers and runners.


From there I took another unknown street to the good old friend Rondo ONZ, and from there I eventually walked home. It was almost today by the time I got home, and I’m proud to say, that day I walked 21 km! That was a nice trip, I’m grateful for God for giving me headache otherwise I wouldn’t have ever experienced these miracles.

And I think that’s a good lesson on which I can finish this post; get outside kids, it gonna be fun!

Take care,

Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw