Tallinn Part One — Old Town of Tallinn

 So, in yesterday’s blog we did arrive to Tallinn I just didn’t tell you how was it. I’m changing that right now: It was already getting very dark by the time we arrived, however the street lights were strong enough to light the walls of the houses, which are happened to be typical northern-styled houses, build of wood. We didn’t go exploring that night, mainly because we knew we were going to walk a lot the next day. 

We started our day in the old town, to get there we walked pass some of the most beautiful parks we have ever seen, then we checked out the Saint Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, from there we walked to the Town Hall Square, where we checked out the Tallinn Town Hall. It was a beautiful city, with beautiful architecture, and most importantly most of the historic sights had Estonian and English signs, so we had the opportunity to learn about the history of this magnificent country. Seems like Estonians and Hungarians have been thru a very similar history, and I felt like these people would understand us — which they probably would, if they ever thought about Hungary haha. I also loved how patriotic those signs were, it really seemed like Estonian people loved their country, and they were proud to be Estonians. Which I totally understand, I would be a proud Estonian, if I was born there. 



After the Town Hall we were looking for something to eat, we found three restaurants on the Town Hall Square, as it turned out all of them had the same food, the same prices, and even the sameemployees! Their prices were pretty high, and they had hardly any food that sounded remotely interesting, so we decided to find another place. Surprisingly we found a nice looking one, which looked very fancy, however their prices were totally reasonable. Interesting, where is the catch, right? That was exactly what I thought, but we were hungry, so we went I there anyway. It was quite depressing when we got inside. The whole restaurant looked amazingly beautiful, the walls had gorgeous paintings, the tables were clean and well cutleried(? Haha) even the counter looked beautiful. We were absolutely astonished by how that place looked like, and even more shocked when we saw nobody was in there! Only on questionable lady and maybe another couple. The waiter came up to us, with very good English he suggested a table, gave us the menu. Soon we were ordered, and when the food showed up we were speechless. It look so good, honestly I can’t even describe it. I was straggling with describing the restaurant itself you can imagine how would it look like, if I tried to describe this… But the point is that it looked prefect, and I can’t say anything else about the taste either. As students we never give tips, you might think it’s rude, but I’m quite sure I have less money than the average waiter has, however this guy was so nice with us, he behaved like he was born to be a waiter, when he talked to us I felt like we were at a royal party somewhere in England, so we made an exception and gave him tip. He did deserve it. 



We loved it in Tallinn so much that this day has to be split in two, so I wouldn’t overwhelm you with my blogging, so I’ll continue this day tomorrow!

Till then take care y’all!

Almos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The actual first day at the University of Warsaw

Let's pretend this is day one(?)

Last Day in Warsaw